Project in the Pipeline: Morning Star Birth Centre
Our MISSION – To offer women safe, natural, ecological childbirth in the heart of Auroville by offering services that manifest the highest quality of care during pregnancy, birth and the first year of life.
Our VISION – To hold the space for women in childbirth, supporting the natural process of birth. At Morning Star Birth Centre, we aspire to:
– Offer a home-like environment during the birth
– Encourage family presence and support
– Allow shared decision-making and informed consent
– Help new mothers develop health partnerships and back-up with a doctor
– Provide safe, quality, evidence-based care that utilizes the midwife model of care and Auroville practitioners of healing arts
– Facilitate bonding and connection by placing the newborn skin-to-skin with the mother and initiating breast-feeding
– Offer classes to learn about pregnancy, childbirth preparation, newborn care and parenting support groups
– Participate in the discussion of WHY BIRTH MATTERS TO OUR PLANET.
If this project inspires you, please support us by donating to Auroville Institute for Integral Health, Birth Center.
Morning Star Birth Centre is separate project coming up on the Integral Health Institute campus, please be sure to specify the donation is for Auroville Institute for Integral Health: Birth Center or AVIIH: Birth Center.