AUROVILLE (AV) AMBULANCE – 24/7 Telephone: 9442224680
Overview: The Auroville Ambulance Service started operating on the 15th of August 2012. It runs under, and is supported by, the Auroville institute of Integral Health, though the vehicle and much of the medical equipment inside was generously funded through donations from the Government of India.
The AV Ambulance service is used on an average of one trip every 3-5 days. This figure includes medical transport to and from hospital for people whose condition makes them unable to sit in a car, as well as emergency transport to hospital. In the case that the caller does not require an ambulance, the dispatcher will provide information on how to best manage the situation.
The AV Ambulance service team presently consists of a dispatcher, an advanced paramedic, and members of the Auroville Safety and Security service, who are trained as first responders. The staff have specific training and qualification in the management of heart related emergencies and trauma care, and continuous education in the field of emergency management is being pursued.
An ideal team would consist of five medical staff, plus two drivers and two ambulance dispatchers.
Service outline: The Auroville Ambulance provides the following scope of service to residents and guests of Auroville:
- 24/7 availability of emergency response with an equipped and staffed ambulance vehicle, which arrives at the scene of emergency, within AV city area, typically in under 30 minutes.
- First aid and treatment on site and during transport with an advanced paramedic on board.
- Providing information over the phone on what to do in urgent medical situations which don’t require ambulance transport.
When to use the Auroville Ambulance? (24/7 AV Ambulance Telephone: 9442224680)
Call the Auroville Ambulance service, if you, or anyone around you, experiences any of the following situations.
- Unconscious person
- Difficulty breathing
- Sudden changes in level of consciousness (disoriented, difficulty speaking)
- Heavy bleeding due to accident or trauma, or fall from a height
- Strong pain
- Major or multiple injury
- Chest pain
- Signs of stroke: Speech difficulty, facial droop, one sided weakness in limbs
- Severe allergic reactions
- Snake bites
- Other life-threatening conditions
How to use the Auroville Ambulance Service: (24/7 AV Ambulance Telephone : 9442224680)
- Dial the Auroville Ambulance dispatch no : 9442224680 , speak clearly and provide following details in this order :
– Caller name / Caller phone number
– Location of accident/ emergency site with landmarks
– Is the person conscious?
– Is the person breathing?
– Describe injury briefly
– Name of patient
– Sex and age (if known) of patient
- Provide all further available information as requested by the dispatcher. This is essential for the medical staff and persons handling the patient during transport.
- Follow over the phone all first aid advice as given by the dispatcher.
- The caller should wait till the ambulance arrives. Do not move an injured person.
- Do not load the patient into a taxi where he cannot get medical support needed during transportation. It is strongly recommended to wait a few minutes more for the ambulance to arrive than carry away the patient in a panic stricken manner.
- Organize for someone to accompany the patient and stay with him/her in hospital if required. Pack and take along personal items, money, current medications and all relevant medical reports.
- Being calm and supportive towards the patient and the ambulance staff facilitates the best outcome.
The Ambulance service is available for all Aurovilians, Newcomers and Friends of Auroville and all people working within Auroville. Guests living in Auroville may also avail of this service. In case the AV ambulance is out of service or out on another trip, the dispatcher will help arrange the ambulance from PIMS or the government ambulance (108) which are on backup and network closely with this service.
For further information, please contact : email@example.com
The AV Ambulance service is available for all persons needing medical transport within the Auroville territory. For Aurovilians, Newcomers and Friends of Auroville, the ambulance will respond to calls outside Auroville as well.